Monday, July 30, 2012


July 30, 2012

Time has passed since my last post!  What a time I had.  I have never been so sick in all of my life!  I had an intestinal bacterial infection that was deathly.  I was confined to my bed for an entire week and cried buckets of tears.  I don't consider myself an overly emotional person, but I cried because I had to use the restroom (still),  hurt, missed my family, bed, home, doctor Julie, and just to cry.  Can I just say, I HATE, HATE, HATE TO BE SICK! I have resolved to take this going back to work slowly and not end up back in the same situation. 

Other than my being sick and us being in the middle of our first tropical storm not much happened.  During this storm we have had two "brownouts" (no electricity), heavy rains, more heavy winds, and boredom.  Thankfully, I have had the best nurse caring for me.  A BIG THANKS to my sweet husband for his patience and support and for keeping me alive. 

I have learned an important lesson from this experience.  In the Philippines they say, "Hinay-Hinay" which means slowly or little by little.   I have never really appreciated Aesop's fable of "The Tortoise and the Hare" but now I certainly understand.  One is not required to run faster than they are able and even if I am able to do that for a month, eventually I will "crap" out (both literally and figuratively).  Sorry for the choice of vocabulary, but it is appropriate.  The ladies in the ERC (employment office) and the CES (Institute of Religion) have been watching and waiting for Dan and I to "learn the lesson" of "Hinay-Hinay".  I asked them why they did not say something and Charrie said we needed to learn for ourselves.  What a wise woman!  I am a slow learner, BUT I do learn and I will not run faster than I am able. 

Well that is it for now.  Enough for my first day back in the office.  Now home to rest.  I love you all and have greatly missed you this week. 

2 comments:

  1. Just had to,add literal and figuratively! Geez Joan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess the English teacher just pops out once and a while.

    ReplyDelete