Saturday, May 12, 2012

Language Training

Today we had our first language training on skipe. I think our pronunciation was ok and we were able to recognise some of the vocabulary that is shared with Spanish. All the sylables are pronounced so that is ;nice unlike in French where things are silent. Our lesson was an hour and at the end I felt my brain was mush. When we are at the MTC we will have two hour lessons in the evening and I am afraid by then we will be so tired nothing will stick. Our teachers are kind and patient. I am glad they are excited to teach us and hopr they still feel that way when we leave them for the Philippines. We will also have a tutor there to help us even though we are not required to learn the language, I feel like in order to assimilate we must make an effort. We will have our second lesson tomorrow and then have a breat until we are at the MTC. When the stake president sets us appart, I hope he blesses us with the gift of tongues, because we will really need it. Well we are off and running.

No comments:

Post a Comment